Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Sleep is SO over rated!

My beautiful, fun loving, energizer bunny of a daughter, Jessica, has decided that sleep is not something she needs to have in order to function. Since January, she has not been going to sleep until around 10:30 0r 11, and I don't get to work on my school work until after she is asleep so I'm not getting to bed before 12:30 or so. It's amazing what your body can get use to over time, but I love my sleep.

We have tried all kinds of things to help her sleep, warm baths before bed with lavender, she loves the water she plays and splashes and has a ball. Comes out of the bath wired.

Tried Benadryl. BIG mistake. You know how it says for some children it has the opposite reaction? Yep she was the poster child. I found her dancing on the hockey table in her diaper.

No naps. Tried it. She gets so exhausted and that is no fun for anyone.

Tried the TV just letting her watch it. Gets up every half hour to find out what I'm doing.

Tried letting her cry herself to sleep . . . Throws up because she is so upset. Have to give her a bath which wires her and she's hungry.

Best solution is to lay down with her until she goes to sleep. Only problem is I fall asleep and then I'm even farther behind in my work.

I believe she has "I Miss Mommy syndrome". I know one day I will look back on this and laugh I'm sure.

Summer will be better because I am off and can lounge around on days she doesn't sleep.

No comments: