Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, August 2, 2008

School Has Started

Monday began a new school year. Boy did that happen too quickly. I can't believe that Kristin is now a second grader. Time is sure moving fast. For her not fast enough, for me way to quickly.



Kristin did very well on her first day. She was nervous but persevered and walked into class with no tears. Which is a big change from the last 3 years of school. Her daddy and I are so proud of her.

Kristin really likes her teacher, Mrs. Johnston. I have taught with her for 3 years and she is very sweet, loving and is able to push kids to see their full potential. I am looking forward to seeing her progress.

Kristin has many friends in her class including one of her best, Caylee. Another of her best friends, Tanner, is unfortunately in a different class. I hear about that everyday. Luckily they get to play at lunch and both are children of co-workers so they get to play before school and after school as well. Not to mention the weekday play dates.















For me the first week of school was hectic and very long. This first week took at least a month to get through. I am still trying to figure out where my students are as well as who they are. Not to mention the ever changing schedule and coordination. It should be a good year though, busy but good. I am looking forward to seeing how it all plays out.

1 comment:

The Kempiak Party of Five said...

I can't believe how quickly this is all going. I love the photos on your post.

Here's to a super year for you too! I love you Super teacher and mom!