Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, July 21, 2008

Everyone Else Has One . . .

Why not us. It seems that everyone has a blog these days, so what the hay I might as well join them.So here we (well, really I) go into the world of blogging.

School is approaching rapidly. For me it starts in just under 16 hours. Yuck. I can't believe it has gone so quickly. I say that every year though. All and all it has been a good one. The kids and I have done quite a bit. In case you didn't know here is a quick recap:

I ventured on a plane with my two little ones for a visit to Denver. Typically I worry about Kristin and airplanes . . . if you don't know my daughter you might say she doesn't do well in unfamiliar situations. Usually one or both of us ends up with her lunch in our laps. Not this time though she did awesome. Her sister on the other hand decided she wanted to know what it was like and emptied the contents of her stomach on me as we came into land in Phoenix. Luckily she was facing Kristin and not the fella sitting next to me.

Anyway in Denver, Kristin and Jessica got to play with their cousins. My sister and I took the kids to the Denver Aquarium where we got to see them feed the sharks and the kids got to pet stingrays. Even Jessica "Baby Elizabeth" got to pet one. Their Uncle got to have some bonding time as well when he took all the kids (minus Jessica) to the movies.

After Denver we ventured to Flagstaff for 2 weeks. Where Kristin and Jessica continued their playing with their other set of cousins from California. They also got to play with their "cousin" from Tucson. My best friend and her daughter stayed with us for a week. Chris came to visit us on his days off. It was nice to be were it was cool and you could venture outside without fear of melting.

After we got home from Flagstaff, Chris and I took Kristin to the Arizona Science Center and Grossology. She had a great time exploring and interacting with the exhibits. I think her favorite was the virtual weather theater where she experienced, rain, wind, fire, earthquakes, and hurricanes all in a matter of 5 minutes.

Finally this summer Chris and I had a date. The first one in over 2 years. We had lunch and saw a movie (which we haven't done in the theater in about 5 years).

Although it is rapidly coming to an end it has been an amazing summer. Still I can't believe that I have to get up early, take a shower, do my hair and put on makeup all right after I get up. I guess the count down begins to fall break . . . only 10 weeks or 49 school day's (but who's counting) :)

1 comment:

The Kempiak Party of Five said...

You, my sweet friend Shannon, are so cute!

First off...bravo for Kristin with her tummy and flying! Not so bravo for little Jessie. Poor mom. Vomit and me don't go well together...but then again, who does?

What movie did you see with Chris?

Want me to teach you how to put a countdown on your blog? It would be so cute having a Fall Break countdown!

Hugs to you. I am so thrilled you are a blogger. It gives me something to read when I'm up and alone at night.

And...I am so glad to be the first to post a comment.

So sorry work begins for you again soon. See you tomorrow.