Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, September 21, 2008

A weekend to relax . . .

This weekend was my time to just relax. I had a class scheduled, on Saturday, but it was canceled. And Chris had taken the kids to Flagstaff to see his parents, so this was my weekend to get grades done, the house cleaned, and just plain relax and enjoy the piece and quiet. Only it didn’t work out that way. Have you ever been in a place that is usually bustling with noise and activity and then suddenly it is quiet and you’re alone? Well I have, and it was this weekend. Guess what . . . I got lonely and bored so I packed up the dogs and hit the road Saturday afternoon. Where did I go you might ask? A spa, a friend’s, maybe even to Flag to be with Chris and the kids? Nope, Nope and Nope, I packed up and headed to Mom and Dad’s place in Rimrock. It was nice to visit with them. Don’t get me wrong I love to go there with my family but it was nice to be “the only child” for the first time in a long time. While there I read, watch a movie, laughed and watched the deer come into feed.

On Sunday the girls and Chris came down, along with Larry and Carole and Mimi Pat for lunch.
While there we talked, ate, watched the deer come in to feed, and took Kristin fishing (Jessica went rock throwing) although Kristin didn’t catch anything, other than a tree, she still had a good time.
Kristin thought it was funny to see Mommy acting like a monkey when I climbed the tree to try and untangle the fishing line. There were a few tense moments when I heard the branch cracking under me that I thought I was going to get a bath in Wet Beaver Creek. Luckily the branch held and I was able to get back down without getting wet.
It was a good relaxing weekend, before a very hectic week of late nights and Parent-Teacher conferences.
Mom, Kristin, Mimi Pat, Dad and Larry relaxing on the deck that Dad is building. (Chris, Jessica and Carole are in the house)

1 comment:

The Kempiak Party of Five said...

Thank God the branch held you!

I can't wait to visit this place sometime!