Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, October 19, 2008

A New Challenge

Ok, so Chris and I have not worked as much or as often as we should have to teach Kristin to ride her bike. I thought I would try tackling bike riding with Kristin. Something we should have done a few years ago. My principal said that she had a video that helped all three of her children to ride their bikes called “Peddle Magic”. The video claims it can help you teach someone to ride a bike in about 5 minutes. Yeah right, or so I thought. Yesterday evening I took Kristin to AJ High School and their empty parking lot and in about 5 minutes she was riding all over the lot. She was turning and braking and starting all on her own. As a mother I was so proud of her, but I was also petrified that she would wreck and get hurt. I know that eventually that will happen and all kids have to experience scraped knees as well as bumps and bruises, but that doesn’t mean that I have to like it. Anybody have bubble wrap I can borrow?

Congratulations Kristin!!! Daddy, Mommy and Jessica are very proud of you !!!!!

1 comment:

The Kempiak Party of Five said...

I've heard of the video too. Can I see it? We are in training wheels still too.

I'm proud of you Kristin!! Love you.